Celebrate Charleston 2018- Artist submission form
As the iconic FestivALL and season of summer combine to create a city of art, we are reminded how vibrant Charleston, West Virginia really is.
Art Emporium is seeking new original two dimensional works from local artists that explore their visual perspective of Charleston. All artwork prompted by the theme are welcome. Examples for entry include depictions of cityscapes, people, special events, and landmarks, anything at all that to you, the artist says “Charleston,” captured either in realism or abstract interpretations.
- Images of potential works must be submitted online in the form below.
- For best results, make sure your image is 1280 pixels @72 dpi on the longest side.
- Images should be in JPEG format.
- The value of the work is determined by the artist. All work sold during the consignment period June 19th-July 13th, 2018 is on a percentage basis with 70% to the artist and 30% to the Art Emporium. ALL WORK MUST BE AVAILABLE FOR SALE.
- Due to limited gallery space artwork should be no larger than 36x24
- Artists may submit up to two pieces of work.
CURATION OF EXHIBIT
The Art Emporium will make all decisions on which pieces of work will be included in the show. The Art Emporium has the right to reject any piece that is not thematically appropriate. All decisions are final.
All works must be ready for display, using proper hanging hardware such as wire or saw tooth hanger. Matted works should be clean and framed with glass or Plexi-glass. Works on canvas or panels need not be framed but must be appropriately wired for hanging.
During the show we will be holding a “People’s Choice” award whereas the public will cast their ballot for their favorite piece of art. There will be 3 curator's choice awards as well. Peoples Choice award winner will receive a $100.00 Art Emporium gift card donated by Kaminski Law, PLLC - Curator's choice award winners will receive a $50.00 cash prize. Winners will be announced Saturday July 14th, 2018.
IMPORTANT DATES & DEADLINES
- Image submission deadline: May 26, 2018 by midnight
- Decision notifications (sent via email) on or before Saturday June 2nd, 2018
- Drop off for accepted works: June 9th - June 15th, 2018.
- All accepted work(s) must be delivered to Art Emporium at 823 Quarrier Street, Charleston, WV 25301 no later than June 15th, 2018 at 6pm. (Late deliveries will not be accepted or hung)
- Delivery should be made during regular Art Emporium business hours.
( Hours: Tuesday - Friday 10 to 6, Saturdays 10 to 4, closed on Sundays and Mondays.)
- Unsold works must be removed between July 14th- July 20th, 2018. Unsold artworks not picked up by close of business July 20th, 2018 will become property of Art Emporium.
- Exhibition dates June 19th-July 13th, 2018- Opening reception during ArtWalk June 21st, 2018, 5:00pm-8:00pm
We look forward to seeing your entries. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at: CelebrateCharleston2018@gmail.com